Brown County State Park is for
the public - please have respect for it. All visitors are expected
to observe the following rules, which are designed to preserve
a primitive landscape in its natural condition for the use and
enjoyment of the people.
- Do not injure or damage any structure, rock, tree, flower,
bird or wild animal within the Park. Do NOT gather limbs,
brush or trees (either dead or alive) for firewood! They MUST
be allowed to remain to rebuild the natural humus.
- Any firearm (except validly licensed handguns), BB gun, air gun, CO2 gun, bow and
arrow, or spear gun in possession in a state park must be
unloaded or un-nocked and stored in a case or locked within
a vehicle except when participating in an activity authorized
by written permit.
- Dogs and cats must be kept on a leash no longer than six
feet and attended at all times.
- There shall be no vending or advertising without permission
of the Department of Natural Resources.
- Camping is permitted only in the campground. Youth groups
must be under adult supervision.
- Fires shall be built only in spaces provided.
- Please comply with the Carry In/Carry Out trash policy in
all day use areas. Overnight guests must put waste in receptacles
provided for that purpose.
- Motorists will observe speed limits as posted, and park
in designated areas. 30 m.p.h. maximum.
- Swimming is limited to the swimming pool only. Swimming
is not allowed in Ogle or Strahl Lake.
- Drinking water should be taken only from pumps, hydrants
or fountains provided for that purpose. This water is tested
regularly for purity.
- Report lost or found articles to the park office.
- All motorized vehicles must remain on paved roadway. Snowmobiles
- Use of metal detectors is prohibited.
- Park closes from 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM, and no one is allowed
in the park between these hours except for overnight Inn guest
- Please let wild animals remain wild. Feeding deer is prohibited.
Feeding of all wild animals can result in harm to both animals
and people. Animals that depend on handouts become a nuisance
to park visitors and a danger to themselves. Please lock up
all food and coolers inside cars or campers.
- Please stay on marked trails.
For a complete list of rules and regulations
inquire at the Park Office.
RVs & vehicles towing trailers must use West Gate Entrance (off S.R.
46, west of Nashville).
North Gate Covered Bridge is restricted to 9 foot height and 3 ton weight
Horsemen's Campground users should use entrance off 135 South.