Brown County State Park in Nashville, Indiana is home to an Olympic-size outdoor swimming pool, plus a wading pool. A life guard is on duty when the pool is open.
The pool is open daily from 12 noon to 7 pm. (Hours subject to change.)
The swimming pool is open the Saturday before Memorial Day through no later than Labor Day. At the beginning and end of the season the pool is open weekends only. Pool hours may change throughout the summer due to weather and staff availability. Call the park office for exact times if you plan to use the pool.
There is a pool house with restrooms/changing rooms. It also has a Snack Bar & Grill providing snacks and drinks, plus necessities like goggles and nose plugs.
$3 per person
Children 2 and under are free
Children under 12 years of age may not use the pool unless accompanied by an adult.
Notice: Swimming in Ogle Lake or Strahl Lake is prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted in the pool area.
- No running or pushing.
- Flotation devices are not permitted.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in pool area.
- Use showers before entering pool.
- All infants, toddlers or small children who are not "potty trained" shall be required to wear an elasticized swim diaper before entering the pool area.
- Fecal incidents may result in closure of the pool. These closures can last from several hours to 24 hours.
NOTE: RVs & vehicles towing trailers must use the West Gate Entrance (off S.R. 46, west of Nashville).
The North Gate Covered Bridge is restricted to 9 foot height and 3 ton weight limits.
Horsemen's Campground users should use the entrance off 135 South.